Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tzu-ssu

I really enjoyed this reading because it emphasized the word "maturity" over and over again, and this is so important in ones life to be mature. I am reminded that for one to be mature is a learning process and Tao is "true learning." It takes a very mature person to take the responsibility of wrong actions as oppose to blaming others like the immature person. It is written that Tao is the harmony to reach out to all things involved in the universe. If one doesn't truly learn from within themselves how to deal with the storms of life then they are similar to the axe handle which is indeed near at hand. I truly haven't given that much thought but it is true. I found that very moving.
I do agree with this author especially in the paragraph about fulfillment. Clearly fulfillment comes from within and must be truly learned (Tao) so that fulfillment can be passed to others, who in turn pass to others, and so on and so on causing a ripple effect for the nourishment and transformation of heaven and earth. What a better place this would be for cause and effect of fulfillment.
I found these ideas very moving and concrete the morals I have been taught in life to practice such behavior. I have great respect with reading the example of "missing the bull's-eye is to reason where one have failed" and not so much today's thoughts of practice, practice, and more practice. Because if one is doing something wrong and continues to practice over and over to get it right it becomes the great circle of failure. One needs to be taught correctly how to properly hit the bull's eye and then practice, practice, and more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment