I struggled at first with the "this" and "that" but as I continued to read it made such great sense. The whole ideal of using a nonattribute to show that attributes are not attributes really got me thinking. As I read what is acceptable and what is not acceptable, got me to thinking of something rather gross. If I was to spit in a glass and then drink it in front of a group, that would be unacceptable or plain gross. But think about it, everyday, every hour, every time you swallow you are drinking your spit, just not from a glass. It is only gross because we give it the name "SPIT."
The "three in the morning" statement I loved. Again with words three in the morning or saying four in the morning with the acorns given to the monkeys was exactly the same number of receiving seven. It reminded me that we like hearing the good at first, and to hear four acorns given out before three acorns, sounds better. Spit is spit and seven is seven, it's all in how you look at it. Would one argue that spit only becomes spit when it intersects with air, and the spit that we swallow is saliva.
This author seemed crazy sometimes to me and then as I gave it great thought I found the writing to be very moving. Almost everything I'm reading directs me right to the beginning and that beginning is right with us, inside us, available to us, heck it's just plain and simple US.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment