Wednesday, February 4, 2009

SHMELKE OF NIKOLSBURG

I agree with this powerful writing of; “how can I love my neighbor when he has wronged me?” This is how I have learned to love those who have wronged me. First, just as the writer states; “He wrongs you because he does not understand.” If your neighbor does not understand then maybe you have been placed in their path to give them the education of understanding. So when you have been wronged you can do and say things towards your neighbor that might educate them. People are watching us in how one handles situations. Depending on your attitude and motive you can encourage behaviors that people want to reflect to others or behaviors that people would want to refract from others. So I ask myself: if I wrong someone would I want them to still love me? That brings my mind to thinking: “Do unto others as you would do to yourself.” So if I should wrong someone because I did not know any better; would I want to be forgiven? This writer talks about punishing your hand because it lacks understanding. Our hand can lead to being a victim or a hero depending on what we choose to do.
I agree with the writing: “If you punish him, you only hurt yourself” this is the perfect example that true heartfelt forgiveness is for us to release our past to heal our present because wounds of unforgiveness can fester and contaminate our present. Forgiveness means that even though you are wounded you choose to hurt and suffer less. IT IS FOR YOU, not the other! Forgiveness is a act that shows strength and our strength can be an example to others. Remember while you did not cause the wrongs to happen, you are responsible for how you think, behave, and feel since the wrong has occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment