I enjoyed this reading because right at the beginning; a statement was made that has been drilled into my head daily from the mouth of a wise 87 year young women who I deeply respect.
"There are no accidents."
A person of little or no faith would not like this saying because: is it a accident to get cancer, or raped, or abused. How I deal with this is knowing that God is a good God; and nothing is wasted in the process of developing a person. If something good or bad happens to someone they can always learn something from the incident. The event wasn't wasted. It is said: "that one's misery becomes their ministry" that confirms to me a terrible event bringing one misery, can develope and prepare one to help others during a similar difficult time. Not that we would of choosen to work in that area. Remember we don't get to check the boxes like we do on a sandwich order asking to withhold a certain conditment.
I loved reading about the three properties: 1) God made it 2) God loves it 3) God keeps it!
The three properties bring me great comfort as I replace the word "it" with my name and personalize this promise giving me a greater purpose. I know God made me, I know God loves me and I know God keeps me as close as I will let him be to me. It is my decision to be close or distance from God. It's everyones decision and we can't change people's choices but we can model for them to see: God is with me!!!
I found her ideas moving because she refers to: "if you don't see the point, please look again. The point is a sharp one; you won't see it till you feel it, cutting out your mistaken ideas like a scalpel." This reminds me that until you walk and feel the pinch of ones shoes; only then can you understand the point that person is making. You are able to see something more clearly when you feel the pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment