Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dov Baer of Mezritch

I was touched by this writing because of the reference of the divine root and vitality. As it talks about how we gaze at objects we hold the non-verbal communication to give this object blessing by thinking of great things; or as we gaze at a object we think of nothingness. Since communication is 90% non-verbal this has given me a challenge to gaze at things with thoughts that are healthy and not destructive. I’ve been told that it takes more facial muscles to frown then it does to smile; so why is it that most people walk through their day looking mad displaying a frown?
I totally agree with the second paragraph this writer shared about; "an ear hearing what the universe is saying within one." That hearing process from the universe is usually all the media and entertainment and noise that we fill our minds with to numb pain and possibly escape reality. The writer immediately states; "the moment you begin to hear what you yourself are saying, you must stop." That is a challenge to us because sitting in silence and really being alone is a lost art. To stop the hearing and begin the listening is a huge obstacle. Have you ever thought how interesting it is that the word, "listen" is just 6 letters and yet rearranged in a different order it also spells, "silent."Do you think this is a coincidence or what God really intended all of us to do with these powerful 6 letters? I believe a person of great spiritual faith would say there is no coincidence but divine agreement that the branches need the vine and the vine needs the soil and the soil needs nourishment. So I ask what type of nourishment will you digest into the depths of your soul? Can you sit "silent" to really "listen"?

No comments:

Post a Comment