Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Johannes Scotus Erigena

The statements that express God is seen in the rosebush, the dirt, the screaming kids, and even the laundry drying outside tells me that something good can always be found resembling a good God if one looks deep enough. You might ask: what is good about a screaming kid? The answer: the child has a healthy voice and has the physical strength to be exercising it. Also one might wonder: what is good about dirt? The answer: when moistened it feels really good squishing in between your toes. I relate this too stirring up mud in the clear water. Clear water is transparent and stirring it up causes one to wait until the water settles for the clarity to reappear. This symbolises to me don't just believe the first thing you see at your first glance but take the time to wait and see something deeper then the first transparency view.
I thought the authors ideas were a little crazy and sometimes ridiculous. I wanted to grasp something from it relating to my thoughts but this was a real stretch and have come up a little confused. I thought this was just attributes being contrasted to its opposite. So my final thought that I walk away with is: FIND SOMETHING GOOD NO MATTER HOW UGLY IS SEEN!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it seemed the author was saying that God is literally everywhere. And God is not man, so for God all things are possible. Good job. Tim.

    ReplyDelete