Monday, April 13, 2009

Rilke

I enjoyed this reading because I could relate to the paragraph about the; "ripening like a tree, which doesn't force its sap, and stands confidently in the storms of spring, not afraid that afterward summer may not come." I have been like a tree tossed and blown and nicked with angry carvings dung into my trunk to leave scars and yet that weathering did not force my sap of revenge. It almost destroyed me to be uprooted but with patience and healthy encouraging support of others to carry my great pain of burdens; I am here to say that I am DEVELOPED and not destroyed. This is due to the deep root system that was instilled in me from my parents to exercise my faith when storms of life crash in. I am not afraid of summer heat to damage my exposed roots but fully see the summer heat as another opportunity to trust God in the developing process. When a person comes across a tree with some letters carved in the old trunk they know there is a story behind the letters. They know that this scaring of the tree did not force it to fall and die but continues to stand tall and remain more developed then before. It looked different then all the other trees around because it was chosen!
I agreed with this author and enjoyed the symbolism of our being a larger or smaller room and yet obvious we tend to know only one corner of our room which I believe is one's comfort zone. This author called it the narrow strip in which one walks back and forth for certain security. This little corner almost becomes a person's prison within. I found these ideas moving in my mind causing me to relate my life experiences to similar examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment