Monday, March 30, 2009

ABI'L-KHAYR (967-1049)

I enjoyed this reading stating: the friends of God, whose souls "know one another by smell, like horses." This made me think that a true Christ follower should be known by their actions before they even share verbally what they believe. The symbolism of the horse knowing another horse by its smell is similar to a blessed person knowing another blessed person because of they way they carry themselves through situations. I have been around a person and knew their was something different about about them, then after conversing realized the joy they express is from the same gracious God I also know.
The whole page of 83 was amazing to me!!I agree with this author because it is exactly what I have experienced going through the most difficult season in my life. I want to elaborate, but it is too personal, so let me summarize it like this: I took pride in owning my own business for 19 years from all my efforts; I thought, then fell into despair remaining successful but having no joy. I realized my selfish acts of success was not pure but tainted and I repented. they were strengths given to me from God. The certainty I felt in my heart who caused this while I doubted and fought the removal of this success with hopelessness because it was mine. God gave me a open gate to embrace change because I needed a new attitude with a new success. I was exposed to blame and slander that should of destroyed me but through my love of God I fearlessly became developed and not destroyed. This is a result of divine love and grace not of my own. I had everything stripped from me except my health loosing it all and that proved to me I finally desired what God desires for me. This was a action, then the knowledge, and this was NOT easy. This is a profound writing because I have lived it.

No comments:

Post a Comment