I enjoyed this reading especially when it talks about; when all hindrances are removed they tread the path of friendship with God. This transports that person in a special garden only few find where seeing without eyes you can converse with an unseen friend because that friend is inside of you and always available as the company of the Beloved. The very first sentence in this reading about the path of love and the path of insight lead into the same garden is a reminder to all of us that what we are searching for; is within. Yet we spend so much time and money trying to fulfill what we think we want; only to find it wasn't enough. I believe Ryan spoke of this same thing about having all these cool cars and it didn't make him happy. I also can relate having a successful high paid home business and that money and success did not make me happy. I had several hindracnces removed from my successful life leaving me with less; with the exception of my faith, a college education and my ski boat. I have very little now but live in a garden that is much more beautiful inside me, then the garden I had that could be seen by all others walking past me.
I found these ideas moving and very real because I have heard from many different people how they searched and searched for happiness and found it was closer then they ever could imagine. It lead them into the garden that they already owned but just didn't take the time to cultivate it and fertilize it for the inner beauty to be seen by all others. The hinderances are the weeds in our garden that we must not let get out of control; so weed and feed is necessary to grow. The problem arises when people feed on unhealthy things and don't remove those tough growing weeds. Everyone has to find their own fertilizer that they consider healthy. This shouldn't be forced or guilt driven but truely a peaceful decision so JOY can be grown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like what you said about how material goods dont make us happen. They may for a short period in our life but eventually they will get old and lose meaning. This is why we need to cherish things that will always be there, such as friends, family and things and people that will uplift us. Well said.
ReplyDeleteI also agree that possessions won't make you happy. That's awesome that you have found more happiness in life by giving joy to others. I especially liked your analogy of the fertilizer. Very clever, and very applicable.
ReplyDelete