Monday, March 2, 2009

DHU'L-NUN AL-MISRI (796-861)

I enjoyed reading: “compassion is another name for clarity.” What a profound statement! As the description of a saint is given, one can only see compassion is the definition of a saint. It says; the saints are those whom God has invested with, putting love for them into the hearts. God offers all people the love and grace to bring joy to all, but the question is who will embrace it and pay it forward with no entitlement expected. Now that is a saint! Immediately the theme: Do unto other’s what you would want done to you I sense, with all the words of giving positive behavior to those around you. This writing was all about giving and doing for others out of compassion and not for the rewards. Which made me think before we are finished here on the temporal earth a few things to keep in mind is:
1) it won’t matter what car I drive, but how many people I drove who didn’t have transportation.
2) it won’t matter my home’s size, but how many people I welcomed into my home.
3) it won’t matter the brand of clothes I wore, but how many people did I help clothe.
4) it won’t matter what my salary was, but did I compromise my character to obtain it.
5) it won’t matter what my job title was, but did I perform the job to the best of my ability.
6) it won’t matter how many friends I had, but how many people to whom I was a friend.
7) it won’t matter what neighborhood I lived, but how I treated my neighbors.
8) it won’t matter what skin color I have, but the content of my character.
9) it won’t matter how long it took me to find Him, but that I did and now get to reside in a mansion in Heaven, and not the gates of Hell.
I certainly agreed with this author because look at all the choices we have to do to others.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading what you had to say. The list you added is a great way to think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked the list you used to support your thoughts! the things you listed are great to think about.

    ReplyDelete